Monday, June 22, 2009

Political Rant

Hey Folks! Long time no speak. Whats the deal?! Was it something I said?

Oh, right. I stopped updating. Well thats all over now.

I've been pretty pre-occupied between coming home from China and looking for a job,
but indeed that is no excuse at all. SO! Here I write again.

Uh...hmm.... Oh yeah!
So looking for a job can suck your soul out slowly and painully. I think its a good experience for me, though, since I'm an Economist. Economists tend to lose their souls alot too, but usually by ignoring things like the pro's of job security and by a certain insensitivity to the plight of the common worker... so now I'll be safe from that cause I know what it feels like.

How bout them Iranians! Its funny cause even the "reformist" candidate (look at his platform, its still ridiculous) wouldnt have been all that much fun, but a revloution! mmmmmmmm the only thing we (We as in the free world) could gain from this is less funding for Hamas and Hezbollah. Poor guys, victims of the global recession. May even have to start laying off administrators in the Martyrs division, but they've been losing money for years now anyway, and refused to innovate.

Oh, and read up on Sarkozy's proposal for outright banning burqas in France. Banning. A garment... in case you forgot, one of his early actions was to ban head scarves, yarmulkes, and "over-size crosses" from french public schools.... Now, in his mind I'm sure he's just fighting the "radical" and "religious extremist ideas" these things represent, but I'm pretty sure France is a free country. So what the fuck. The scariest part is nobody's making a stink about it.

I mean, FORBIDDING religious garb. He says its because it represents the debasement and subjugation of women. In many senses it does. But there's also a whole bunch of women who put it on by themselves. Educated women, too. So basically very religious muslims will be banned from France. Imagine banning sheitls. yeah, I think its like that.

more pics from China, and a video.
The pics are from a trip to Huangshan, 黄山,literally Yellow Mountain. Its not really yellow tho, thats just the name. The last pic was my first meal in Xi'An.


No comments:

Post a Comment