Monday, January 5, 2009

On The Batman

Until this past semester,
I hadn't read comics since I was 10.
After I DLed a DVD of the Marvel Civil War comics,
I got hooked again. And then I rediscovered Batman.
And he is my hero.

I believe, and have for years,
in the infinite potential of man.
Man's powers of reason, of system building and determination
leave me confident that most individuals greatly underestimate themselves.

Batman is the realization of the human ideal. And yet not because of his actual achievements.
Batman's true genius does not lie in his fighting prowess. When Batman is out there actually kicking asses, the most amazing part of him is only on display in flashes and glimpses.

His genius is in his preparations. His Utility Belt, with every antidote, laser heater, anti-freeze, smoke grenade, batarang, spare grappling hooks, and everything else, is only a part of it. He studied the arts of being a detective. He has read books and books of philosophy and ethics. He knows multiple languages, practiced escaping every conceivable death trap, and can read lips. He studied martial arts for decades and has worked his body into perfect human form.

In a word, it is his will to learn which I find the most inspiring.
We as humans can retain so much information, so many different skills and abilities,
all we need is proper motivation and the information will go in and stay in.
Everything you learn might may be useful someday.

I want to know everything,
and be prepared for everything and anything I may want to do,
physically and mentally. Like the Batman. yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment