Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Orient-ation Week

Howdy!
Been a busy bee lately.

I've also lost weight, though I'm trying to make it back in beer.
I just can't eat a healthy portion of the local cuisine before a persistent queasiness forces me to stop. Blech. I've eaten two KFC Fish sandwiches out of sheer desperation. Blech.

The other day I ate two lamb skewers off the street behind my Uni.
They cost about 14 cents each. Stupid? Yes. Desperate? Yes.
Didn't get sick! Well look at that.

Dorms are nice,
people are nice. 89% of the program I'm on is Asian.
70 out of 107 kids are from Stern...
Surprisingly, nobody seems too icky.

Unfortunately, there is only ONE very pretty lady in the program,
though I'm sure there are a bunch of pretty local students at our host Uni,
once classes start and they all come back to school after the Chinese New Year celebrations.
Will keep ya'll posted RE: the ONE.

I have friends in China. Yay.
The schools been taking us around incessantly, but I do have some way wicked pictures, and HERE THEY ARE!!!!


That's Chairman Mao, who chills in the center of campus.
There's a lawn in front of him where only the Americans ever play ball,
cause everyone else is scared of him.
The school took us to the Aquarium, and this was there.
Fossils are awesome.
We visited a temple today.
Not only does this dude have a bad-ass beard,
He's also one of the characters in Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
It is the year of the Ox, so these were all over the temple in celebration.
This is one example of why I can't eat anything here,
Kosher or no Kosher.

Look! A new Poll! Top Right! Take it!

Until next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment