Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Life Chinese at Twenty-something

SO
Why has it been so long since your last post?
have your forgotten about your loyal readership?

Of course I havent!
Ive just been so busy making blog-worthy stories
that I havent had the time to tell them!

WELL!
Where to start?
I bought a bicycle for 150RMB (=20 bucks)...
Traffic laws are almost nonexistent in this country, and anyone can cut off anyone at any time,
regardless of lights or lines or one-way signs,
ANYWAY there are tons of bicycles out and about, old women and young men and people in suits and everyone... SO
I was going up onto a highway when my bike's chain broke and I almost spilled right in front of a bus.

YAY!!!
So I walked my now useless bike back to the store where I was able to argue in chinese until they fixed it. I made it halfway home before my right pedal fell off. Back to the store.
A week later I was brave enough to take my bike out for a spin one more time...this time the chain broke as I was pulling out of my Uni...they laughed at me when I went back to the store, but I still argued a brand new chain out of them (since I purposely broke the old chain extra badly so they couldnt try to fix it.)

GOOD TIMES!!
Bikes get stolen extremely often here,
but I wouldnt wish this one on my worst enemy. Pic coming soon.

Now I'm going to go have dinner with this chinese girl I met at a club Friday. I'm treating her to KFC, which is a very acceptable date restaurant here in china.... Soooooo more news later!

No comments:

Post a Comment