Tuesday, February 3, 2009

STONER MONOLOGUES CH. 2

The Stoner Monologues Ch.2
Nature in My Own Backyard:
This is the view from a footbridge where I smoke all the time with the ducks.
I just watch them, they don't care about me.
Every now and then one of them quacks, but in vibrato
a drawn out quack-quack-quaaaaaaack

It always reminds me of someone laughing.
So the ducks are having a good time too.



The bottom picture is a drawing I did from memory at home of the mental snapshot I had meant to take. Clearly, 10 megapixel cameras have the advantage.

Why go to the wild?
Well I just saw Into the Wild which,
despite its horrid length and unbearably Vedder soundtrack,
had an affect on me.

The beautiful nature shown in the movie is inspirational,
set so closely to contrast with man's
individual struggle for survival.
Helps you feel how you were made.
Viewing the behavior of modern humans
can be much more meaningful if one remembers
how we are all hard-wired,
what evolution has taught us over the years.
Our own psychology.

I got to China on Wednesday!

~the Twentysomething

No comments:

Post a Comment