Friday, March 27, 2009

Adventure Time

So! I Arrive in Xian!
Alone.
The train was three tiered. like, a wall, six beds hanging, three on each side of the wall, a little space, and then another wall... and when I say tiers its cause the beds looked like bookshelves....maybe 4 feet wide. Of course, there was beer and ramen being offered constantly for purchase, and I felt right at home.

I had to stop reading my book at 1030pm when every
(I mean EVERY) light in the train turned off for bedtime.
No, I did not have a personal switch. I saw an on off slide on the side of the light itself,
but it was the on/off for the light-cover, which fell on me after trying it.
So then I lay awake in bed for two hours alternately sweating under my sheets or freezing directly under an air duct.
Then I was woken up by EVERY old chinese person on the train talking at the top of their voices. at all of a quarter to 5.
Then I got off the train and life was okay again.

There was also a sad little smoking room in Shanghai railroad Station...
just wanted to remember it....

SOOOOOOO
I got lost in Xi'an,
got ripped off by a muslim noodle guy,
Peed in a bathroom which was four holes in teh ground separated by dividers but not doors,
and were all covered when I got there by four chinese men squatting.
It. Was. Crazy.

ANYWAY snap to present
Im in a hostel
in teh heart of Xi'an,
and I just heard hebrew. SO MUCH hebrew.
Wherever I go, Israelis beat me there.
CURSES!!!

so then I went to an internet cafe
and got fried on their backporch while watching an old man bath a dog
while a rooster crowed every few minutes.
CRAZY.Nesss.

and then I went to this crazy garden with stone tablets. Pictures wil have to wait till I can get an SD card reader.

Oh yeah,
and the hostels full so I still have no place to stay, but Im banking on this party I was invited to to find a host.

WE SHALL SEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment